Please note: This is currently an overstaffed position expected to last up to 3 years. This position is currently eligible for all county-provided benefits.
The Technology Services Department is looking for a Program Manager to lead the selection of a systems integrator vendor and the implementation of a new cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. This new system will replace the County’s current system for processing, tracking and managing data for critical HR, finance and procurement transactions. This position will also manage county and contract staff on work related to development, design, configuration, implementation, conversion, change management, communications, testing and system integration with other applications. Additionally, this position will report to a sponsorship committee which includes the Chief Information Officer, the Director of the Human Resources Department (HRD) and the Director of the Management and Finance Department (DMF).
Specific tasks include:
- Serve as the main project manager for the implementation of the Cloud ERP system, includes coordinating the work of the selected software vendor and the external integration company;
- Liaise and develop partnerships between DTS staff and HRD and DMF end-user development staff to ensure mutual support and effective communications throughout the project life cycle;
- Work with project sponsors, county leaders and staff, consultants and vendors to identify/define user needs and design a solution to meet the needs;
- Develop project plans for all phases of the project and manage the tasks and resources associated with each phase;
- Develop project schedules and track and report project milestones and status to the sponsorship committee;
- Manage the management of organizational changes following new business processes and the new Oracle system;
- Prepare and document requirements and scope of work to support the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for the initiative;
- Manage the project budget; and
- Assign tasks and provide mentorship and professional guidance to team members.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral skills and must be very flexible, self-disciplined and a quick learner with the ability to make effective decisions.
About Arlington County and DTS
Arlington, VA was ranked #3 for Women in Tech by SmartAsset.
In 2020, for the third year in a row, the Center for Digital Government and the National Association of Counties awarded Arlington County Government one of the nation’s top digital counties for best technology practices in areas of government. openness, transparency, citizen engagement, cybersecurity and operations. To learn more about Arlington County and its Department of Technology Services, please visit here.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology, computer science, or related field, and substantial experience in delivering and managing large-scale enterprise systems integration programs, including ERP implementations, e-commerce and e-business implementations, and coordinating or supervising the work of others.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may replace the education requirement from year to year.
Desirable: Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in business administration, information technology, computer science or related field;
- PMP or PMI certification;
- In-depth understanding of budget, accounting, accounts payable, purchasing, payroll, benefits, time management, HR classification, and other business functions related to finance and human resources;
- Documented experience as a senior or middle manager for successful ERP implementations of a Tier 1 ERP application lifecycle, in particular, experience implementing one or more of the following ERP applications within the past 5 years (i.e. Oracle Cloud, Workday or SAP);
- Experience working and communicating with various levels inside and outside of an organization including senior management, executive sponsor committees, technical IT staff, first level end users; and or
- Demonstrated understanding of business concepts with the ability to present and sell complex technical solutions to senior management and the user community at large.
Please submit a cover letter or use the space in the supplemental questionnaire to explain your experience with the following:
- Full software lifecycle: business requirements gathering, configuration oversight, test plan development, conversions, interface development, training, communications, security administration, organizational change management, and change control management;
- Negotiate and manage major contracts with technology providers; and
- Organizational change management and business process re-engineering during ERP implementation.
The Arlington County government is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all staff. In support of this commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19. For qualified employees with a disability or a sincere religious belief that prohibits them from receiving a vaccine, you may contact the Human Rights Office to request reasonable accommodation. Compliance with this policy is a condition of employment.