Reports to: Finance director
Salary: £35,000+ depending on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join Lyon Equipment Limited, an employee-owned company serving the outdoor, work at height and rescue markets with “the equipment and expertise to go further” . This includes manufacturing our own Lyon-branded products, distributing a premium brand portfolio and technical training.
Lyon offers a friendly, contemporary, dynamic work environment and promotes a good balance between professional and private life.
We are looking to appoint a full-time Enterprise Resource Planning Specialist to support the management team and business needs. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual capable of managing projects, supporting and improving existing systems, as well as identifying and managing core ERP software replacement projects.
This is a key role in improving the efficiency of our data processing by analyzing current processes, automating tasks and implementing new modules/software.
- Experience in business management or business information systems or equivalent professional qualification.
- Extensive ERP/Business software experience across the entire business process including purchasing/manufacturing/sales/logistics and finance.
- Ideally with previous ERP deployment/implementation experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing/MRP; warehouse/inventory management and financial applications.
- Ability to quickly adopt new systems.
- Excellent report writing skills e.g. Crystal reports, SQL, Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong aptitude for numbers with experience in multi-currency financial software.
- Proficient with the full suite of Microsoft desktop applications.
- Ability to train and assess skills.
Daily support and maintenance of Access Supply Chain ERP, our current enterprise software, including:
- Primary point of contact with software vendor, including liaison with support.
- Implementation of new modules/functionalities, for example, MRP.
- Planning and managing upgrades.
- Importing and updating data using SQL, eg purchase price, product data.
- Import of customer orders via SQL APIs.
- Integration with other applications, for example, our training center booking system.
- Improve/automate data processing.
- Oversee and develop process automation using Codeless TaskCentre.
- Develop financial/manufacturing reports and document templates (invoices, remittances, statements, etc.) using Crystal Reports, SQL Views, Excel ODBC.
- Work with all departments to analyze and improve current operational processes and to identify and resolve issues.
- Research the software market and identify potential software to meet business needs to enable sustained growth.
- Identify staff training needs, organize staff training on software and systems as needed and assess staff skills.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of replacement software, from requirements documentation through selection and implementation, including data conversion and end user training.
- Help support, maintain and improve other software, including Access CRM (SugarCRM), Cezanne HR and Nice label Pro.
- Support for Microsoft Office applications.
The successful candidate will receive the following:
- Computer, tablet and mobile phone
- All necessary and reasonable stationery and consumables
This is a full-time office position equivalent to 37.5 hours per week. We work slightly longer hours from Monday to Thursday in order to take advantage of an early end every Friday. These hours are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Starting salary in the region of £35,000 depending on experience
- 30 vacation days per year (prorated) including statutory holidays, with loyalty boosts
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we distribute
- Ongoing personal development opportunities
- Be part of an employee-owned business with the opportunity to earn a tax-free annual bonus
- Cycle-work program
- Free use of company loan kit when available
- After 3 months of continuous service, integration into our eligible pension plan to which we contribute
After a six-month trial period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
Please upload an application package on our website www.lyon.co.uk.
Completed application forms (and accompanying CV if desired) should be emailed or posted to Julia Aspinall:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park
All applicants must complete one of our Lyon application forms; unfortunately, a CV alone will not be accepted.
Application deadline: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12 p.m.
The first online interviews for this position are likely to take place: Week starting Monday July 11, 2022
The second round interviews will take place: Week starting July 18, 2022